Foldable electric scooters can be easily folded, carried, and stored, making them an ideal choice for commuters who may need to take their scooter on public transportation or store it in a small space at home or work.
Our focus in purchasing the best foldable electric scooter should center on weight capacity, ease of folding mechanism, wheel size, and overall build quality, which directly impacts the scooter’s longevity and performance.
As with any investment, warranty and customer service must also be considered, ensuring support in the event of technical difficulties or defects.
We thoroughly evaluated numerous foldable electric scooters, scrutinizing their design, performance, and consumer feedback to help you make the most informed decision.
Table Of Contents
Best Foldable Electric Scooters
Here are the top foldable electric scooters models, hand picked for you:
1. NAVIC Commuter Escooter
We think you’ll appreciate the NAVIC Electric Scooter for its convenience and enjoyable ride, whether you’re zipping through city streets or navigating your last mile home.
- Accelerates smoothly to a brisk 19 mph
- Folds quickly for effortless storage and transport
- Intuitive app enhances overall experience
- Range can be less than expected under certain conditions
- Requires careful maintenance to prevent issues
- Heavier than some models, which might affect portability for some users
After zipping around the block on the NAVIC Electric Scooter, we’re sold on its practical design meant for the urban jungle. The scooter’s solid build quality gave us confidence when maneuvering through busy side streets, and the responsive acceleration added a pep to our routine commute.
Setting up the scooter was a breeze, and the one-step folding mechanism meant we could fold it in a flash and bring it along inside cafes or onto public transit. It’s the kind of gadget that feels indispensable once it becomes a part of your day-to-day life, turning mundane commutes into more enjoyable journeys.
The smart app connection made a noticeable difference in tailoring our rides. Customizing the speed and engaging the cruise control feature allowed us to focus less on the mechanics and more on the streetscape. This level of convenience is exactly what makes the NAVIC stand out as a trusty companion for those always on the go.
2. Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter
We find the Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter to be a reliable urban travel companion that impresses with its solid build and practical features.
- Strong acceleration and adequate top speed for city commutes
- The integrated lighting system enhances safety during night rides
- Easy folding mechanism allows for convenient storage and portability
- The solid tires could sacrifice some comfort on bumpy terrain
- Additional expense for those who prefer a seated ride, as the seat is sold separately
- Limited range for longer commutes may require midday charging
Our recent experience with the Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter revealed its strong acceleration and ease of handling, making it a delightful ride through city streets. The 350W motor provided enough oomph to get us up to speed quickly, and we particularly noted the sturdy build quality, which added a sense of reliability to our rides. At the same time, the e-scooter’s compact design made it effortlessly collapsible, fitting snugly into tight storage spaces.
Navigating during the evenings was worry-free thanks to the electric scooter’s comprehensive lighting system. The front, middle, and rear lights meant that we were clearly visible to traffic, and the double braking system responded well during our tests, ensuring safe stops. Although the scooter handled well on smooth surfaces, the solid tires transmitted more vibrations on uneven roads, which detracted slightly from the overall smoothness of the ride.
For those considering longer-distance travels, the Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter might pose a limitation. With a range that taps out at around 17 miles under optimal conditions, planning for a charge during the day could be imperative. And while the option for a detachable seat exists, it comes at an extra cost, food for thought for those prioritizing comfort on longer rides. However, for short to mid-length urban jaunts, this e-scooter is a commendable choice.
3. 5TH WHEEL V30PRO
If you’re on the hunt for an electric scooter that balances performance with convenience, the V30Pro might just be the one you need.
- Innovative safety features with turn signals
- Robust build and easy foldability for portability
- Helpful customer service and 12-month warranty
- Solid tires can lead to a stiffer ride
- The battery range may not suffice for very long commutes
- Limited maximum speed compared to some high-performance models
We had the chance to zip around town on the 5TH WHEEL V30PRO, and we’ve gathered quite a few impressions. Its turn signals are a game-changer for us, boosting confidence in busy intersections and crowded pathways. The folding mechanism is so intuitive that collapsing the scooter becomes second nature after the first few tries – fitting snugly in the trunk of our car or under the office desk.
Riding comfort isn’t sacrificed thanks to the scooter’s rear shock absorption, making those little bumps on city streets more manageable. We noticed that the 10-inch tires, while durable and puncture-resistant, make for a slightly more rigid journey compared to air-filled alternatives. Yet, the tranquility of knowing we wouldn’t face a flat tire outweighs the downside for us.
The V30PRO isn’t just a mode of transport; it feels like a partner in our daily commute. The companion app is particularly handy, transforming our smartphones into a dashboard to check battery life or switch speed modes. Although we found the top speed and battery range adequate for our daily needs, thrill-seekers or long-distance commuters might find them limiting.
Regarding the build, it strikes us how the aviation-grade aluminum frame holds up, conveying a sturdy ride even for heavier riders, and the customer service team always feels just a quick message away, should any issues arise. We appreciate the peace of mind that comes with reliable support and warranty coverage. All in all, the 5TH WHEEL V30PRO is a reliable companion we’d happily recommend to our peers looking for a blend of comfort, convenience, and safety in an electric scooter.
4. 5TH WHEEL M1 Scooter
We find the 5TH WHEEL M1 Electric Scooter strikes an impressive balance of design and function, ideal for everyday commuting with a touch of style.
- Remarkable portability with its easy folding mechanism
- Robust triple braking system enhances rider safety
- Integrated smart app adds convenience to scooter management
- Ride may feel stiff due to absence of suspension
- Limited hill climbing performance for steep inclines
- Side LED lights on handlebars prone to damage
Maneuvering the 5TH WHEEL M1 feels refreshingly smooth; the build quality gives us that much-needed peace of mind zipping through city streets. The 250W motor gets us up to speed efficiently, and our jaunts across town are both nippy and enjoyable. Handling a mild slope became part of our routine without hiccups, even if more challenging hills would slow us down somewhat.
We’re particularly fond of the convenience this scooter offers. Collapsing it for storage or transit is swift and effortless. The bonus folding hook that doubles as a bag hanger is one of those small touches we didn’t know we needed until we had it—at which point it became indispensable for carrying our extras.
Safety is another area where the M1 confidently scoots ahead. The well-engineered braking system gives us stopping power that’s reassuring in the hustle and bustle. Even when night falls, the robust LED lights ensure we’re visible and can see the path ahead without issue.
While we revel in the smoothness of the ride on paved paths, we do notice the absence of suspension when we hit those inevitable urban bumps and cracks. Similarly, while it manages moderate inclines, the M1 doesn’t quite have the gusto for steep hills—something to keep in mind if our route’s particularly hilly.
Moreover, the LED embellishments on the sides of the handlebars seem vulnerable. Following an unintended tip-over, these could easily bear the brunt of the fall, leaving us wishing for more durability in this area.
In conclusion, the 5TH WHEEL M1 is a sterling companion that serves us well on our urban treks. Its stellar design paired with functional pros—like the smart app and robust build—outweigh the cons—like the less forgiving ride on uneven surfaces. For anyone needing a reliable, vibrant transport solution, this gets our nod for sure.
5. Hiboy S2 Pro Scooter
We’ve found that this sturdy e-scooter reshapes urban commutes with comfort and efficiency.
- Robust dual shock absorber system cushions rides
- Impressive headlights heighten visibility and safety
- One-click folding system streamlines portability
- Non-pneumatic tires can affect ride smoothness on uneven terrain
- A full battery charge requires up to 8 hours
- Optional seat sold separately for those preferring a seated ride
Gliding through the city on the Hiboy S2 Pro Electric Scooter, we reveled in how the 10-inch solid tires and dual shock absorbers absorbed the bumps and jolts of the urban jungle. There’s a tangible sense of control navigating congested streets, owing largely to its responsive dual braking system.
When daylight wanes, the ultra-bright headlights pierce the encroaching dusk, transforming nighttime trips into safe and navigable voyages. Manoeuvring this scooter after sunset, we were confident in our visibility to others and the clear sight of our path.
The convenience of this Hiboy model is undeniable; it folds in a click. Tucking it under the subway seat or stashing it in a car trunk became part of our seamless routine. However, we noted the tire composition detracts slightly from the comfort when off the beaten track, but this is a minor trade-off given its solid build and portability.
The Hiboy S2 Pro is a well-rounded electric scooter, and we believe it’s an intelligent investment for those prioritizing a mix of performance and convenience in their urban commute.
6. VOLPAM Quick Fold Scooter
With its robust motor and solid tires, the VOLPAM Quick Fold Scooter makes for an enjoyable and reliable ride, proving valuable for the urban commuter.
- Punchy acceleration and hill-climbing ease thanks to the upgraded 350W motor
- No-flat, maintenance-free 8.5-inch honeycomb tires for a worry-free ride
- Intuitive app with comprehensive scooter control and customization
- 34.8-pound frame may be hefty for some to carry when folded
- Maximum load capacity of 120 kilograms may not suit all riders
- Provided warranty periods may vary for different parts, requiring attention to detail
Navigation through the city feels effortless on this scooter’s honeycomb tires, designed to absorb the shocks of bumpy roads with admirable resilience. Scooting around our neighborhood, we savored the confidence that comes with not fretting over potential tire punctures. What struck us specifically was the improved torque; it’s quite noticeable, especially when faced with steep inclines that we typically encounter on our daily commutes.
Convenience is at the forefront with the VOLPAM. We relished the simplicity of the folding mechanism when we brought it aboard a train or needed to tuck it away at the office. Pairing with the smartphone app brought an extra sense of security and customization, enhancing our interaction with the scooter. From locking and lighting control to adjusting the top speed and cruise control, these features have made our rides smoother and more tailored to our preferences.
On the flip side, while the scooter itself is sturdy and reliable, carrying it around once folded might be daunting for those without much upper body strength. And while it surely supports a good weight range, heavier riders might want to consider the weight limit to avoid any unwelcome issues. Lastly, familiarizing ourselves with the scooter’s warranty terms for different parts was a bit tedious, but once understood, it added to the peace of mind during our escapades.
7. Volpam Electric Scooter
If you’re in the market for a reliable and easy to carry electric scooter, the Volpam is a solid choice that will enhance your daily commute.
- Strong motor and tire design provide a smooth riding experience.
- Impressive battery life for longer rides without frequent charging.
- Compact folding mechanism enhances portability and storage convenience.
- May struggle with hills depending on rider weight and terrain.
- Some users report lower than advertised top speeds.
- While the tires are maintenance-free, they may lack the cushioning of air-filled alternatives.
We’ve recently taken the Volpam Electric Scooter for a spin, and it’s clear why it’s becoming a favorite for city dwellers and commuters. Its upgraded motor powers through city blocks with ease, and the honeycomb solid tires conquer those rough patches on the pavement without missing a beat. It’s quite a smooth ride, and the scooter’s solid build exudes a sense of durability.
The scooter’s battery life is noteworthy. We were able to get multiple trips done on a single charge, and the power didn’t wane as the battery level dropped—a common issue with some other scooters. For anyone looking to replace their car or public transport with a cleaner option for those short to medium commutes, this is a game changer.
Portability is one of the Volpam’s strong suits. We found the one-step folding design to be intuitive, making it less of a hassle to carry onto a bus or train, or to pack away in the trunk of a car. This design choice is particularly useful for those of us with limited storage space or for those moments when you need to quickly clear the sidewalk.
If you’ve been on the lookout for an electric scooter that is designed with the commuter in mind, the Volpam Electric Scooter ticks a lot of boxes. However, for those living in hilly areas or needing to reach higher speeds, it might be beneficial to test ride it, if possible, to confirm it meets your individual requirements. Nonetheless, for a convenient and low-maintenance daily commute, this scooter might just be what you’re looking for.
8. Sleek Commuter
We believe the Sleek Commuter is a solid choice for those who prioritize convenience and moderate speed in their daily travel.
- Strong motor conquers slopes with ease
- Safety features add to peace of mind
- Extensive app integration enhances usability
- Battery life may disappoint avid riders
- Speed claims may not hold up under stress
- Sturdiness could be inadequate for heavier users
We’ve been gliding around town on the Sleek Commuter, and it’s reshaping our daily jaunts into delightful cruises. You can whisk away to your destination without a sweat, and the robust motor purrs as you conquer hills that would once have you panting.
Storing this scooter is a breeze. Its compact fold and safety lock design mean you can slide it into a car trunk or tuck it away at the office without a second thought. When it’s time to ride, the quick unfold has you ready to hit the pavement in seconds.
Zipping through streets, the wide platform offers generous foot space, a simple luxury that taller individuals will surely appreciate. The UI’s clarity allows for smooth control, echoing the reliability and control one seeks in daily transport.
Overall, the Sleek Commuter delivers a ride that hits the right notes for urban electric scooter enthusiasts. Its marriage of power and portability makes it suitable enough for most, despite a few aspects where performance may not align perfectly with expectations.
9. EVERCROSS EV06C Kids Scooter (Kids)
After thorough testing, we believe the EVERCROSS EV06C is a solid choice for children who want a taste of independence with a dash of fun.
- Tailored height adjustments cater to children as they grow
- Eye-catching LED lighting adds a cool factor and enhances visibility
- Folding mechanism makes it simple for kids to handle
- Requires a minimum speed to engage the motor which might be tricky for beginners
- Speed limitations might not excite older kids who seek more thrill
- The braking system could be improved for quicker stops
We’ve recently had the pleasure of trying out the EVERCROSS EV06C Electric Scooter. Designed for the young ones, its adjustable stem fits kids like a glove, growing with them from one summer to the next. Our little riders were thrilled with the colorful LED lights; they not only made them the stars of the neighborhood but also ensured they were visible as the sun dipped down.
The scooter’s foldability was a game-changer. Kids could effortlessly collapse it and carry it upstairs themselves – a fantastic feature that spares parents the usual heavy lifting. Plus, the 22-pound frame is light enough for young ones to manage without calling for backup.
The 3-speed gear system, topping out at 9.3 MPH, felt safe for our newbie riders, giving parents peace of mind while kids zip around. Yet, we noticed that kids must keep a pace of 3 MPH to get the motor rolling, which posed a small challenge for those just starting out. Moreover, when it comes to stopping power, the electronic brake works, but we feel that there’s room for improvement.
All in all, the EVERCROSS EV06C offers a lot of fun features with a focus on safety and ease of use. It’s a great entry-level e-scooter that ticks many boxes for parents considering a powered scooter for their kids.
10. URBANMAX C1 Scooter (With seat & Basket)
We believe the URBANMAX C1 Scooter is a solid choice for commuting and leisure rides, offering a blend of comfort, safety, and portability.
- Impressively comfortable with adjustable seating and shock-absorbing tires.
- Enhanced safety features including high-visibility lights and a dual braking system.
- Easily foldable and lightweight, making it convenient to carry and store.
- Acceleration might feel slow for those seeking a more thrilling ride.
- The maximum speed of 15.5 mph may not satisfy speed enthusiasts.
- As a user, you may need to practice to master riding it efficiently.
Our recent excursions on the URBANMAX C1 Scooter have left us appreciating its thoughtful design geared towards comfort and convenience. The seat adjustability caters to various heights, making it quite inclusive. The padding on the seat really helps during longer commutes, ensuring that we arrive at our destinations without the physical strain typically associated with less comfortable models.
Our nighttime escapades have been worry-free thanks to the bright lights that come with this scooter, and we’ve found its robust braking system to be both responsive and reliable. It’s comforting to know that the scooter we’re using places such high importance on safety standards.
And when it comes to portability, the C1 has been a game changer. Folding it up and stowing it in the car trunk takes just a moment, leaving us more time for our adventures. Yet, the portability doesn’t compromise on durability—the solid iron frame stands up well to daily wear and tear. All in all, this scooter is a trusty companion on city streets and beyond.
When selecting a foldable electric scooter, there are several key features to consider.
Look at the weight and folded dimensions to ensure it’s easy to carry and store. Scooters should be:
- Lightweight: Ideal for frequent lifting.
- Compact: A slim profile when folded.
Check the folding mechanism for:
- Speed & Ease: Should be simple and swift.
- Locking Mechanism: Look for a secure lock.
Examine the motor’s power and scooter’s range. Desirable specs include:
- Motor: At least 250 watts for adequate acceleration.
- Range: Minimum of 15 miles per charge for daily use.
Materials used in construction are crucial:
- Frame: Aluminum is common for durability and lightness.
- Tires: Solid for puncture resistance; Pneumatic for comfort.
Prioritize safety with:
- Brakes: Disc or electronic for quick stopping.
- Lights: Front and rear for visibility.
Assess the ride quality by considering:
- Suspension: Absorbs shock from uneven terrain.
- Deck Size: Enough foot space contributes to stability.
Keep in mind the following:
- Speed Settings: Multiple settings give better control.
- App Connectivity: Offers additional features and tracking.
Evaluating the ease of maintenance is important:
- Battery Replacement: Should be straightforward.
- Part Availability: Easily available parts aid in quick repairs.
Set a budget and find the best balance among the features without compromising on the essentials.
By carefully considering these aspects, we can make an informed decision on the foldable electric scooter that best suits our needs.
Which foldable electric scooters come with a seat for enhanced comfort?
We recommend the Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter, which offers a padded seat attachment for added comfort during rides. Another option is the Emove Touring Portable and Foldable Electric Scooter, noted for its plush seating and smooth ride.
What are the lightest electric scooters that still offer good stability and durability?
The Unagi Model One E500 weighs just under 27 pounds and stands out for its robust carbon fiber and aluminum frame, offering both lightness and strength. Alternatively, the Swagtron Swagger 5 Elite is another lightweight choice at approximately 26 pounds, known for its sturdy build and reliable stability.
What features should I look for in an electric scooter to ensure it is easily portable?
We suggest looking for scooters with a one-click folding system, like the Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter, which allows for quick and easy folding. Also desirable are scooters with built-in handles or carrying straps, exemplified by the Segway Ninebot ES2, which enhances portability when commuting or navigating public transport.