Digital transformation quotes are a great tool for business leaders that want to change the company’s culture before starting the transformation journey.
I can’t stress enough how important it is for corporate leaders to spread the right mindset framework inside the business beforehand. This includes getting on board all the major stakeholders working in every area of the company. Making sure that they are on the same line regarding the benefits of digital transformation for the organization. That’s why internal communications are so important for digital transformation.
When directors and managers of the business will share the same vision, then they can leverage some of the powerful quotes about digital transformation listed below to support the necessary cultural change.
Table Of Contents
What is digital transformation?
Digital transformation is the process where transforming digital technologies are incorporated into every area of the business. This leads to a fundamental transformation in business operations, how it delivers products and services, and how it interacts with the customers.
Digital transformation is a fundamental initiative for modern organizations.
The Best Digital Transformations Quotes
Here are some powerful quotes on digital transformation to help you lead the change in your business. Let’s get started with those digital quotes!
1. “There is no alternative to digital transformation. Visionary companies will carve out new strategic options for themselves – those that don’t adapt will fail.”
These were Jeff Bezos’ words stating that organizations have no options other than digitally transforming themselves.
Businesses have to act or fail. Because their competitors will digitize to improve their productivity and maximize profits.
2. “When digital transformation is done right, it’s like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, but when done wrong, all you have is a caterpillar.”
These words are by George Westerman. Showing that digital transformation is not a mere switch you can turn on with a desirable amount of investment. There is a method to do it the right way, you need the right digital transformation strategy.
For instance, if you’ve invested in digital communication and you lack the knowledge to utilize the services it offers, then you’ve not transformed, you’ve just created a façade.
3. “I’ve been on more sales with more CEOs in the last two months than at any time in my career and there is a universal agreement among them: digital transformation. While this isn’t a one app (solution), it’s a must have it. Organizations and governments around the world have a digital transformation imperative like never before, and many of them are accelerating their plans for digital-first work-from-anywhere environment.”
These are Marc Benioff’s words – a founder, chair, and CEO of Salesforce.
According to Marc, digital transformation is a must-have “tool.” Many organizations across the world are digitized and are growing massively thanks to digital transformation.
Additionally, organizations and governments yet to embrace digital transformation are working hard to incorporate this initiative into their daily activities.
4. “We’ve moved from digital products and infrastructure to digital distribution and web strategy to now into more holistic transformations that clearly are based on mobile, social media, digitization, and the power of analytics, and we think it’s really a new era requiring new strategies.”
These were Saul Berman’s words. According to Saul, we are in a new era that needs new strategies. And that’s the purpose of digital transformation.
5. “CIOs and CISOs have such a unique opportunity right now in driving the enterprise forward. Be that through shaping corporate culture or guiding the company through their digital journey, technology leaders have a strong upper hand. It’s a great time for the enterprise but it’s also a great time for technology leaders to position themselves for space in the boardroom. This is a career-defining moment.”
These words were said by Hunter Muller, president, and CEO, of HMG strategy. According to Muller, digital transformation helps the enterprise and technology leaders to position themselves for the space in the boardroom.
6. “Digital transformation requires changes to processes and thinking – changes that span your internal organizational silos.”
These were George Westerman’s words. According to George, digitized organizations can easily partner with technology outsourcers.
Additionally, digital transformation promotes more graceful operations and a technology ecosystem. Digital transformation allows business process outsourcers to bridge internal culture, skill, technology, and data gaps that may prevent the adoption of digital transformation.
7. “The biggest part of our digital transformation is changing the way we think.”
These are Simeon Preston’s words. According to Simeon, mindset is another critical factor that can determine the success or failure of a digital transformation.
8. “The next 5 years will be more disruptive than the last 15. This is not business as usual. A lot of technology that came in three years ago doesn’t work anymore.”
Here are other Saul Berman’s digitalization quotes. According to Saul, digitizing means keeping your organization afloat to ensure it has the infrastructure to grow consistently technologically.
9. “Automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.”
These are words by Bill Gates. According to him, efficiency is key in business operations. Before thinking about automation, companies should reduce their inefficiencies.
This is exactly what digital transformation is about: a complete revision of business operations to improve efficiency. For this reason, following the right digital transformation framework, together with the right amount of investment, is key to achieving the desired goals.
10. “One of the factors that I believe is the biggest obstacle to transformation is the fear of cannibalization.”
As said by Ganesh Ayyar, many folks fear cannibalization. This hinders the adoption of digital transformation technologies across different businesses worldwide.
11. “Think of digital transformation less as a technology project to be finished than a state of perpetual agility, always ready to evolve for whatever customer wants next, and you’ll be pointed down the right path.”
These were words from Amit Zavery, VP and head of one of the leading cloud computing providers: Google Cloud. Zavery urges people to consider digital transformation not just as a technology initiative but rather as a journey. Through this, we’ll always be prepared for various clients’ demands.
12. “Don’t be fooled by some of the digital transformation buzz out there, digital transformation is a business discipline or company philosophy not a project.”
According to Katherine Kostereva, a CEO and managing partner of BPM online, digital transformation is not a project. She urges us to consider digital transformation an organization’s philosophy or discipline.
13. “You can’t delegate digital transformation for your company… You and your executives have to own it. Executives need to engage, embrace, and adopt new ways of working with the latest and emerging technologies.”
Barry Ross is the CEO and a Co-founder of Ross & Ross international. According to Ross, executives play an important role in embracing and adopting new techniques of working with emerging technologies.
While you can use consultants to help your business digitally transform, you can’t just delegate everything. The business leaders need to be on board and lead the change.
14. “Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.”
John F. Kennedy said these words. According to John, we should always expect life changes. Also, he urges people not only to think about the present and the past. We all must think about the future, or we’ll miss it.
15. “With fast ideas comes faster innovation: 60% of apple’s revenue comes from products that didn’t exist 4 years ago. That’s a blistering pace of innovation. Expect that to become the norm in most industries as the future accelerates, product lifecycles collapse and disruption disrupts.”
These words were said by Jim Carroll. Jim believes that fast ideas lead to faster innovations.
16. “We’re at the very, very beginning of this next generation of computing and I think that every industry leader will be the ones that transform first. I don’t care what industry you’re talking about.”
Kim Stevenson is the CIO of Intel. According to Kim, we are at the beginning of the next generation, and organization leaders are the ones to transform first.
17. “At least 40% of all businesses will die in the next 10 years… if they don’t figure out how to change their entire company to accommodate technologies.”
John Chambers believes that in the next ten years to come, we will lose at least 40% of all businesses. That is, if they don’t find a way to accommodate new technologies.
18. “Every industry and every organization have to transform itself in the next few years. What is coming at us is bigger than the original internet and you need to understand it, get on board with it and figure out how to transform your business.”
Tim O’Reilly is the founder and CEO of O’Reilly media. According to Tim, organizations will have to transform in the next few years. Additionally, he encourages us to expect something bigger than what happened with the internet, and we’ll have to understand it to learn how to use it.
19. “The last ten years of it have been about changing the way people work. The next ten years of it will be about transforming your business.”
Aaron Levie is the CEO of Box. According to Aaron, the past decade has been all about changing how people work. He believes that the next ten years will be all about transforming how the entire business works.
20. “When it comes to marrying online with offline efforts, technology is a driver, but it’s critical in making it happen.”
Alison Corcoran is a CMO and a president of DentaQuest Partnership. Alison believes technology is important in making things happen, especially when embracing online and offline efforts.
21. “We talk about automating operations, about people, and about new business models. Wrapped inside those topics are data analytics, technologies, and software – all of which are enablers, not drivers. At the center of it all, are leadership and culture. Understanding what digital means to your company – whether you are financial, agricultural, pharmaceutical, or retain institution – is essential.”
These words were said by Jim Swanson, a senior vice president/CIO and head of Digital Transformation, Bayer Crop. Jim believes understanding what digital means is essential, regardless of the business type.
22. “Data is fact, not the truth. I still feel it’s a little dangerous for brands to throw our intuition and common sense and only obey what the data tells them. Is A actually better B, or is it simply the lesser of two evils?”
According to James Pack, we should not always believe what the data seems to tell us, because data needs to be interpreted. James believes that data is unreliable.
23. “As Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic continues to spread, thousands of companies are now thankful for their successful digital transformation strategy while many others are in great agony of not doing it correctly.”
Enamul Haque said these words. He believes that the corona pandemic has massively contributed to the adoption of digital transformation.
24. “Robots cannot be injured or killed in the line of work, and can be used in situations far too dangerous for human risks. Robots are more hygienic and deliver a finished product at a fraction of the time it takes a human. Faster output leads to increased sales. No matter how cheap human labour may become, buying highly skilled robotics is still cheaper as one pays only once.”
These words were said by Nicky Verd. According to Nicky, robotic technology is time efficient and can replace human labor. Therefore, he encourages businesses to adopt robotic technology as part of digital transformation.
25. “The current generation of entrepreneurs is unlike any other. Empowered by digital technologies and unencumbered by legacy structures, they are unleashing fundamentally new business practices at a pace that was almost unthinkable just a couple of decades ago… inventing new business models and monetization strategies all along the way.”
This is a report brought by Ericsson Digital Disruption. The report suggests that the current enterprise generation is like no other. The generation is based on digital technology, and they’re unleashing new business practices at a faster pace.
26. “You can make it seamless for all of the stakeholders within your organization. The workflows and rollout processes are critical to gaining user adoption and maximizing the digital transformation investments.”
Scott Mussbacher is a member of System Integration Lead, Vista Projects. Scott believes that good workflow and rollout operations play an important role in adopting and investing in digital transformation.
27. “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Charles Darwin said these words. According to Charles, we must be flexible to survive the changes. This also applies to digital transformation, because businesses need to be agile and ready to adapt to the changes required by the modern digitalized economy.
28. “The enterprise that does not innovate ages and declines, and in a period of rapid change such as the present, the decline will be fast.”
According to Peter Drucker, businesses need to be innovative, especially in these modern days, to prevent further and rapid decline.
29. “To effectively reduce the number of cyber intrusions, a radical mindset shift is needed. Leaders must redefine the concept of a strong cyber posture and relegate event-based security to its rightful place – as an inferior approach to managing cyber risks and threats. A more effective approach to prevent data breaches and intrusion would be an intelligence-driven approach where a proactive hunt for threats would take center stage.”
These were words said by Kumar Ritesh. He focuses on reducing the number of cyber intrusions through redefining the strong cyber posture concept while relegating event-based security to its right place.
Digital transformation taglines can help to support the efforts of business transformation. Because digital transformation may come with considerable investments and challenges.
If you don’t have the necessary expertise, the best thing you can do to get this started is to get in touch with expert digital transformation consultants. Then bring together the workforce in the business and explain to them the benefits that this will bring.
This will trigger a mindset shift and also open them to the new changes that digital transformation may bring. Many of them will likely embrace the change, and the business is likely to benefit.
The digital transformation slogans and quotes mentioned in this article can help you to get a mindset shift in your organization. Because getting the support of the employees and avoiding resistance is key to the long-term success of the business’s digital transformation strategy.
Digital transformation is sometimes seen as adopting a different lifestyle. It may not happen in a switch, but it will need quick thinking and people who are welcoming the changes for it to be successful.
Digital transformation is a necessity for nearly all businesses in the modern world. Embrace it and use the right digital transformation quotes to help you develop the right business culture and succeed!
Other powerful business transformation quotes you may be interested in: